Local Meetings/Support Groups on a Separate Page
The 2015 NAMI National Convention
Come Find Your Heart in San Francisco.
Whether you left your heart in San Francisco or you’ve never visited this beautiful city by the bay, make plans now to join us for the 2015 NAMI National Convention.
You won’t want to miss the outstanding program offerings including:
- Top-notch researchers and clinicians providing information and tools to advance and sustain recovery from mental illness
- People living with a mental illness and their families providing their own important perspectives on recovery
- The country’s keenest minds and savviest policymakers offering strategies and tactics to effectively advocate for changing the mental health system in our nation
- Abundant networking opportunities so we can learn from each other about how we can improve the lives of all people living with mental illness and their families
- Inspiration, innovation and an exhilarating four days in this wonderful city
Make your plans now to attend this life-changing event, July 6-9 in San Francisco.
The fastest & easiest way is to register online.
2015 Pre-Convention Registration Rates
|Full Registration Rates (includes closing night dinner ticket)
|Consumer Early Bird
|Day Registration Rates (does not include closing night dinner ticket)
|Consumer Day rate
Full Registration rates include the four days of convention attendance and a ticket to the closing night dinner.
These rates are for pre-convention registration only and are good through June 15, 2015. After that date, you must register onsite at a higher rate.
Member: To qualify for NAMI Member rates, you must be a current member and provide your member number or the name of your state affiliate.
Consumer: To qualify for the consumer rate, you must be an individual living with a mental illness.
Payment information: Full payment must be received with registration. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, check and purchase orders. Purchase orders must be paid by May 1, 2015.
Transfers: You may transfer your registration to another person. You must notify us in writing of this change no later than June 15, 2015.
- See more at: http://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/NAMI-National-Convention#sthash.PgYAChOx.dp
- All cancellations must be made in writing by mail, fax, or email by June 15, 2015
- If you cancel prior to May 31, 2015, there is a $25 service fee to cover administrative costs
- If you cancel between June 1 and June 15, there is a $50 service fee to cover administrative costs
- No refunds will be processed after June 15, 2015
Individuals, companies, organizations and others can all take the pledge to learn more about mental illness, to see a person for who they are and take action on mental health issues. Take the pledge and raise awareness.
- See more at: http://www.nami.org/stigmafree#sthash.GDkJqn4c.dpuf
NAMI Orange will have an information/resource table
and volunteers to answer questions at the following events:
2018 SUNY Orange Wellness Fair
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Shepard Student Center
115 South Street
Middleotwn NY, 10940
(learn about local resources for health and wellness)
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Monroe Woodbury High School Wellness Fair
for students and staff
Thursday, April 19, 2018
“Y2Kids Careers From A to Z”
held at Stewart International Airport
New Windsor, NY
sponsored by the Orange-Ulster BOCES
Career and Technical Education Center (CTEC)
Students from middle school, their parents and teachers from local school districts participate in this hands-on, interactive career exploration, which includes various demonstrations and exhibits by local career specialists from a wide variety of professions in the region.
The show deals with some serious topics such as Depression and Suicide in warm, powerful, at times funny and at times heart wrenching way. This is a one person show, which runs approximately 70 minutes, with no interval. There will be a talk-back after the show.
A little information about Director/Actor, Lori Schneider - Lori has been the Executive Director of NAMI Sullivan County, NY since 1988. She is an ardent mental health advocate and among her many responsibilities at work, she facilitates monthly Family Support meetings for families who have a loved one living with mental illness and also co-facilitate a monthly Suicide Bereavement Support Group. She was trained under the guidelines of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). She is a family member, herself and lost her first cousin, Billy to suicide just over 20 years ago. Lori is also an actor and director who's been involved with local Community Theatre for the past 35 years - proud to have earned awards both for direction and performance from the Theatre Association of New York State (TANYS).She will be directing and performing "Every Brilliant Thing."
2018 NAMI National Convention
in New Orleans
June 27-30, 2018
early bird rates thru February 28